Mark Twain is my guru

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I hope readers can bear with me.  I am as an infant in how to navigate through this new internet communication process.  I"m learning through trials, mistakes, and advice how to eventually do the blog well.

I look at this somewhat egoistic enterprise as a possible contribution to not only living members of my family, friends, and colleagues, but beyond them I write this to tell family-to-come 'who is this guy, really' that they will think of as grandfather, great grandfather, etc. etc.  I am giving them what was never available to me except in shared stories in my family's past.  The originality of those stories was often lost in the passing down of it orally.
Hopefully the writings that I include about art will be a contribution to those interested in the value of art and in my sharing of the processes I go through in creating.

I find that I have much to say, and talk out loud with myself in the shower each morning using the Lincoln-esque method of listening to what I say out loud, responding to that echo, and learning how to learn from myself. When I express an opinion this way, in the listening I actually judge and evaluate the rationality of the 'speaker', and get clearer on whatever topic I'm addressing.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait for you to get started talking to us.
    you are a very considerate, thoughtful person, and i have always admired your measured, mindful, sensitive observations of the world we share.

    sign me up!

    ReplyDelete